0x Protocol ($310M, ZRX token) is a decentralized exchange protocol, a piece of public infrastructure which decentralized exchanges are building front-facing consumer applications to enable the trustless exchange of ERC-20 tokens (Ethereum Tokens). Historically common shared infrastructure leads to virtuous network effects (TCP/IP, Ethereum) while also creating a standard platform for which numerous parties can use and build upon (decentralized exchanges, dApps).
0x is a marked shift from the centralized exchange model as the protocol enables the exchange of value without an intermediary that is subject to gaming, high fees and it seems a major hack every quarter. We envision a future where 0x’s protocol is used to exchange not only popular crypto’s but value itself (once the world’s $250T in assets are tokenized).
We are bullish on 0x as foundational updates to the platform are rolling out, including V2 of the platform that adds extensive new functionality and the coming launch of the 0x trade widget that eliminates complex hurdles for consumers to use the 0x platform.
Currently, governance or control over the platform by token holders and is not coded into the platform. 0x’s governance roadmap offers clear milestones that grant ZRX token holders incrementally more control over the platform, and as these updates are executed we expect the token value to gain more prominence.
We introduce a unique hybrid valuation model which ascribes value to the ZRX token both as a utility used to pay fees to relayers and as governance token. Our detailed valuation model leads to a token value of $3.42, or ~6x above the current price. While our model has numerous hard to quantify moving parts, we believe it advances our thinking of both the upside and downside of the protocol.
Research Alerts – A No Brainer
Subscribe To View The Rest Of This Report
Choose from a monthly or annual subscription (save over 15%).
Tom Shaughnessy owns the tokens of Ethereum, 0x and Polymath. By reading this post you agree to 51percent Crypto Research’s Terms and Conditions. This report is solely informational and is not investment advice.
- Additional Disclosures:
- 51percent is not a FINRA registered broker-dealer or investment adviser and does not provide investment banking services
- The author did not accept fees, stock or other compensation for preparing this research report. The only fees 51percent earns is through paying subscribers to 51percent, the companies (or entities, since networks or protocols are not all companies) themselves do not compensate 51percent.
- 51percent was not hired by the covered entity/company to prepare the report.
- 51percent and its authors will not receive compensation from the entities covered in this report for non-report services such as presenting at author sponsored investor conferences, distributing press releases or other ancillary services.
- The covered entities in this report are not required to engage with 51percent regarding any non-report related services.
- The entities covered in this report have not previously paid the author in cash or in stock for any research reports or non-report related services
- Compensation is not received on any basis (fixed or contingent on positive opinions in this report) since 51percent is only compensated by paying subscribers to 51pct.io and not the companies or entities mentioned.
- The author, Tom Shaughnessy, owns tokens in Ethereum, MakerDAO, 0x Protocol, HYDRO, Civic, Polymath and Gladius. These are subject to change.
- This report belongs to the author, not any entities mentioned in this report.
- This report is based on publicly available information about the entities covered, and the authors consider them to be accurate and reliable.
- The report is disseminated primarily electronically and is made available to everyone at the same time.
- This report is not investment advice, it is strictly informational. Do not trade or invest in any tokens, companies or entities based upon this information.